Tuesday 22 November 2011

My First Game...Kind of

This past Saturday was kind of a big deal for me.  It was my first Jets game!  Well it was kind of my first Jets game...I caught the last ten minutes, does that count?

Let me explain.

I had the opportunity, along with two of my classmates, to go and work at the MTS Center during the game against the Flyers on Saturday and it was great!  The job was for Granny's Poultry, handing out ballots for fans to enter in a contest.  The prize was awesome!  It was a trip for two anywhere in Canada as well as a fantastic assortment of fine Granny's products. 

Better yet, I didn't even miss too much of the game.  There was a T.V. in front of our booth broadcasting the game.  It was perfect.  I even got in on some live action.  One of the security members was nice enough to let us sit in on the last ten minutes of the game.  It was a great experience. 

But there was one thing that was kind of the cherry on top of the day.  I got to see the Philadelphia Flyers play!  They were my favourite team prior to the Jets coming back...they still might be my favourite.  It was really hard picking which team to cheer for.

Now I'm just fiending for my first game in December, where I get to actually be a spectator for the entire game.  I can't wait!  Thank you Granny's!

No comments:

Post a Comment