Tuesday 11 October 2011

Shake It Off

Even though the Jets were beat pretty bad on Sunday, there's nothing they should be hanging their head about.  They filled a void in Winnipeg's heart that has been there for sixteen years.  I can't remember the last time I heard an arena that loud during a warm-up.  Don Cherry was even impressed, and it's not easy to impress Don Cherry.  Sunday was a day filled with emotion, not only for the fans, but for the players too.  So many of them (especially the ones who only played for Atlanta) have never experienced having that many people on their side.  They had so many people relying on them to get that "W".  I feel that played a big part in the final score.  You could tell those young players were extremely nervous.  And even though they were trying to shake off the jitters of that first game, they all played with ton of heart.  Every player was giving it their all to get the city that long awaited first win.

1 comment:

  1. I really wanted the Jets to win their first game - but having said that - I couldn't believe the sound of the crowd regardless (I watched on TV - wasn't there in person). It was pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete